Easy Ginger Soy Grilled Canary Rockfish
- 1½ to 2 pounds of canary rockfish
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, chopped or crushed
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar - apple cider, white, or rice vinegar
- For marinade, whisk ingredients in a shallow bowl. Add rockfish and let sit for at least an hour.
- Grill on medium for 2 to 3 minutes per side (for 6 to 8 ounce pieces approximately ½ inch thick). More grill time may be required for thicker pieces; a little less time if thinner. Meat should appear white after 1½ minutes.
Recipe courtesy of California SeaGrant.
NOAA Fisheries Disclaimer for External Links
The appearance of this icon denotes a link external to the Federal Government domain. The appearance of external links on this website does not constitute endorsement by NOAA Fisheries of the websites or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than government authorized activities, NOAA Fisheries does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations.