What is FishWatch?
FishWatch will help you:
- Make smart seafood choices by arming you with the facts about what makes U.S. seafood sustainable—from the ocean or farm to your plate.
- Get up-to-date information on the status of some of the nation’s most valuable marine fish harvested in U.S. federal waters as well as U.S. farmed fish that help meet our country’s growing seafood demand.
- Understand how U.S. seafood is responsibly harvested and grown under a strong monitoring, management, and enforcement regime that works to keep the marine environment healthy, fish populations thriving, and our seafood industry on the job.
FishWatch is NOT:
- A buyer's guide designed to advise against one fishery or advocate for another.
- A tool to showcase ecolabels or certifications.
- A comprehensive database of all U.S. fish. This site does not include state managed fish, which can be found by searching your state or region’s department of natural resources.